Monday, January 7, 2013

So close...

Since Christmas my (Jason) climbing has generally involved being very close to boulder problems, but not quite sending them!  I went back to Pinturas Buldetres (sit) 8A, however, I fell from right near the top and tweaked my finger in the process (VIDEO).  You could literally say I was painfully close!  I was desperate to try again and send the problem, but decided to be sensible and walk away.  Although the tweaked finger is minor and I can still climb most things with caution, trying a very crimpy problem with awkward pockets is asking for a more serious injury.

Instead, I decided to focus on a great slopey traverse (Dizdira 7C). However, this also ended in heartache (but no injury) with repeated falls from right at the end. I had done all of the hard climbing but kept getting really pumped!  

Although a little sad to leave on a 'low', we decided move on to new challenges.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just saw your unfotunate fail on youtube... so close! you need to learn to flick dude! gonna start calling you Mr. Static, us weak boulderers learned to flick a long time ago ; )