Sunday, December 23, 2012

Danian and Pinturas Buldestres - 7C+'s!













Psyched....!  Got my first 7C+ (Danian) and quickly followed it with my second (Pinturas Buldestres).  Danian almost went in one session and was quickly dispatched during the second session.  If I'm honest, I'd say it felt soft... Perhaps it suited me, and it certainly helped to be taller.  It's not the most impressive looking boulder, but it did climb well. Danian 7C+ video

I was much more psyched about sending Pinturas Buldestres 7C+ (stand start).  Pinturas is a beautiful problem up the middle of an overhanging scoop.  The holds are small crimps and the feet very technical.  On first inspection the problem looked pretty straightforward.  However, when pulling on I realised it was far from straightforward!  All the holds are at 45 degrees and the feet are small and difficult to weight.  The position and angle of the holds makes the moves very brutal on the shoulders!  I only just managed the first move during the first session.  I got close on the second session and managed to send it on the third session - so pleased to send such a stunning problem.  It felt noticeably harder than any of the 7C's I've done, so I feel pretty confident it weighs in around 7C+.  There is a sit which goes at 8A too... I did all the sit moves after sending the stand, and am pretty sure I can do the sit in another session or two.  Watch this space...
Pinturas Buldestres 7C+ video

No comments: