Sunday, May 5, 2013

How Much Climbing is too Much...?


This much...?

Bouldering is quite an intense on the body, climbing a boulder problem often involves climbing 2 or 3 very hard moves which can put lots of strain on the body.  One of our biggest challenges on this trip has been injury management - making sure that existing injuries improve and trying to avoid new injuries! 

We were very lucky to have some brilliant advice from our physio friend Nina who gave us great advice on our injury management and injury prevention.  This advice has been invaluable and maintained us for 7 months keeping us climbing most of the time. 

Even with this help though with the arrival of the the good weather, good climbing conditions and good friends we've done loads of climbing, maybe too much (if such a thing is even possible).  After a hard (for me) session on a boulder problem I woke the next day with much pain in my wrists, unable to pick up a water bottle without it hurting quite a lot.  One was not amused =).

So I've been giving my body a well overdue rest in the hope that my wrists recover as quick a possible.  I've been resting now for nearly two weeks now and booked and appointment to see a physio so fingers crossed I'll be back climbing soon! 

Meanwhile Jase has been running around Font sending some awesome problems - I've been very jealous and pleased for him =).   I'll let him give you the details...





No comments: