Monday, March 28, 2011

7a – Finally

One of my aims for this trip was to lead a 7a route – this week I finally managed to meet that aim here in Siruana.

I found a 7a that suited all my strengths vertical wall with lots of technical crimpy climbing. I decided it was time to stop being a big wuss and get on and bolt to bolt the route and see how I got on with it. I figured out most of the moves other than the final crux moves on the first bolt to bolt attempt rested a while and then worked the moves on a top rope. I worked out exactly what I had to do now all I had to do was send it.

As it was my 3rd day on climbing (I never normally do more than 2) and the end of the day I was feel very tired so had little expectations of actually reaching the top. However I found my self on the last move of the crux think hmm this might actually go! At full stretch I reached the final crimp on the crux and got the jug of glory, the hard climbing was over. Clipping the chain was most satisfying.

7a in a day – result =)

No comments: