Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Battle of the Cake Points Begins

So far this trip I’ve been taking things easy with my climbing due to my previous shoulder injury trying to climb but not to re-injure or make anything worse. Finally with my shoulder remaining stable I decided it time to stop Jason eating all the cake and get on the cake point ladder. In our latest (of many) guide books I found a nice looking crag with lots of routes that suited my style of climbing. A near vertical wall with crimpy edges, good bolting and a nice 6b+ route to get me started. The route was the hardest climb I’d attempted all holiday so it was a pleasant surprise that after working the moves on the route a couple of time I managed to lead it on the first redpoint attempt.

With my first cake points on the board I also had enough left in my arms to take a look at a 6c project on the same wall. This one is noticeably harder but perhaps on my next visit I can add some more cake points to my score.

[Not sure what Jason is looking at!]

No comments: