Monday, January 24, 2011

The Outcast...

Or in Spanish El Marginao – the route I’ve been working. Success! At last, I finally clung on till the bitter(sweet) end and clipped the chain – what a great feeling (no video though – sorry)! I only just managed to latch the hold at the end of the crux sequence and let out a very loud, but slightly too girly scream! Was absolutely wasted and still had to climb the steep (but easier moves) to the chain. I’d had a lot of trouble managing to clip the chain in previous practice attempts and was quite concerned how I’d managed it when completely shattered at the end of a red point. In the end, absolute stubbornness and really jamming my hand (it hurt, but adrenaline masked the pain) into a crack stopped me
falling.

This is a video of me on an earlier attempt – an example of what happens when you don’t latch the hold!

YOUTUBE VIDEO

It is such and amazing line and definitely the best sport route I’ve ever done! I can’t wait to get on the F7c+ crack too!

[ON RIGHT: the chain is at the top of the pic and final bolt at my shin! The video shows how far I fell from this move! I fell a lot further from the chain on a previous practice!!!]

{stills from video, hence mediocre quality}

No comments: